As the title says, I’ve finished the rewrite for parts 2 and 3 of my book. Woohoo! I was stuck on the end of part 3 for a while since so much needed to change. I’m sure what I’ve written is pure crap, but at least it’s pure crap that follows the storyline better than the crap that was there before. Besides, that’s a problem for the editing process.
Parts 2 and 3 are mixed, with chapters of each alternating. I call them parts 2 and 3 instead of using the names of their titles because originally they were not mixed. It was part 2 all the way through, then part 3 all the way through. My husband and reader friend convinced me it didn’t really work for my story, so I changed it.
I’m on about page 628 of the rewrite. Which would have been awesome when the whole thing was still 676 pages, but as I wrote, it just kept getting longer, despite how much I deleted. I have 80 pages left, and my goal is still to finish all of that in July. So much needs to be fully redone, so it’s a steep challenge, especially since I’ve already done 50 pages this month. There’s a lot going on. We’re in the process of moving (probably out of state) and selling everything we own and basically starting over… but writing makes me feel better, so maybe I can do it.